(see also ETL Recipes on the Blog)
Most of the recipes on this website are appropriate for Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Eat to Live program, with the following possible changes:
- Eliminate salt, if necessary
- Reduce or eliminate high-sodium ingredients such as soy sauce or miso (or replace with low-sodium varieties)
- Use low-sodium or salt-free versions of vegetable broth or vegetable bouillon
- Reduce sugar or substitute date sugar or whole dates
- Replace peanut butter with raw nut butter
- Use brown rice or other whole grains instead of white rice
- Use whole grain bread, without added salt, instead of white bread
- Use whole wheat pasta instead of white, or eliminate the pasta altogether and substitute a whole grain
- Find alternatives to broiling or grilling foods at high temperatures for long periods–possibly by pre-steaming vegetables so that grilling time is shortened
- Recipes that are composed mostly of grains or starches should be eaten as side dishes–remember, the salad is the main dish!
NOTE: For more information on the Eat to Live program, see the 6-Week Plan page. For more support, sign up for membership to Dr. Fuhrman’s Member Center or join the YahooGroup. And by all means, read the book!