- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Banana’s Fresh Tomato Soup
Posted By ffvhelper On February 24, 2010 @ 7:58 pm In Soups and Stews | No Comments
1. Fry the onion and garlic (in olive oil or dry fry it if you want fat free, but it tastes better with olive oil), until it is fragrant. Add the tomatoes, and 1.5 litres of water or vegetable stock.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook on low until the tomatoes have stewed. Add the chopped herbs.
3. Drain the tomatoes, but keep the liquid.
4. Begin pureeing the soup, adding liquid until you reach the desired consistency. I like it to be thicker. Puree until it is smooth, or you can leave it chunky if you want. I like it to be very smooth.
5. Season to taste, and re-heat. Makes 6 – 8 serves
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/02/24/bananas-fresh-tomato-soup/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.