Creole Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe By :Weight Watchers
Serving Size : 12
1 serving olive oil cooking spray — (5 one-second sprays per serving)
1 pound button mushrooms — about 24 large mushrooms
1 tbsp. water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
10 oz frozen chopped spinach — thawed and drained
2 1/2 slices whole-wheat bread* — chopped into bread crumbs
1 tsp Creole seasoning — or Cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
2. Remove mushroom stems from caps and finely chop stems; reserve caps and set aside.
3. Heat water in a large skillet over high heat. Sauté mushroom stems, onion, pepper and spinach until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until well-combined.
4. Stuff each mushroom cap with 2 tablespoons of filling mixture. Place mushrooms, stuffed sides up, on jellyroll pan. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes; serve warm.
Yields 2 mushrooms per serving. (Note: The mushrooms can be stuffed in advance, covered, refrigerated and then baked later in the day to save on last minute preparation time.)
POINTS® | less than1 (points are calculated on recipe with 1 tbsp olive oil added)
Servings | 12
Preparation Time | 15 min
Cooking Time | 20 min
Level of Difficulty | Moderate
* Ingredient is listed as “2 1/2 slices whole-wheat bread, chopped into bread crumbs” If 2 1/2-inch slices, then about 2/3 cup crumbs. If 2 1/2 slices of bread, then a generous 3/4 cup crumbs.
Adapted from a recipe posted to Veg-Recipes