- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Cajun 15-Bean Soup
Posted By Susan Voisin On February 26, 2010 @ 8:53 am In Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos,Soups and Stews | 3 Comments
Recipe By :Susan Voisin
Serving Size : 8
20 ounces dried mixed beans
12 cups water
1 large onion — chopped
14 ounces Gimme Lean Sausage Flavor*
1 rib celery, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic — minced
juice of one lemon
1 15-ounce can stewed tomatoes
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 1/2 teaspoons salt — or to taste
1. Place washed beans in a pot with 12 cups of water and boil covered 60-75 minutes until beans are tender (or try it in a crockpot).
2. While beans are boiling, brown sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic in a non-stick skillet.
3. Add prepared sausage mixture, stewed tomatoes, and lemon juice to beans along with spices and simmer 30-45 minutes. Add liquid smoke and salt at the end. Serve with bread or over rice.
Serving Ideas : Serve with biscuits and green salad. Great as leftover and freezes well!
MWL: Followers of the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program leave out the Gimme Lean.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Per serving: 319 Calories (kcal); 2g Total Fat; (6% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 52g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 832mg Sodium
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/02/26/cajun-15-bean-soup/
Copyright © 2002-2015 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.