- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Green Pea Spread
Posted By ffvhelper On February 28, 2010 @ 10:34 am In Appetizers,Sandwiches and Spreads | No Comments
Recipe By : Peggy Rynk
Submitted by: Sue in NJ
2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 cups chopped onions
1 1/3 cups frozen peas — 1 bag
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons mayonnaise, imitation — can be vegan style, like Nayonnaise, for McDougall
1. Heat some water in a skillet and sauté onions until tender.
2. Add peas and spices, and about 1/4 cup of water. Cover, and cook until peas are tender, adding more water as necessary.
3. When peas are tender, remove from heat and mash well with a fork or the back of a wooden spoon.
4. Cool slightly, then blend in the vegan mayonnaise.
“Vegetarian Journal, Vol. XX1 Issue 4″
“1 1/2 cups”
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Serving Ideas : Use as a sandwich spread or vegetable dip.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/02/28/green-pea-spread/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.