Tex-Mex Pinto Bean Spread
Submitted by: courtney (from Cooking Light)
This is great as a dip for veggies or baked chips, or as a taco or burrito filling.
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Place bean mixture in a bowl. Stir in chopped tomato.