- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Posted By Susan Voisin On March 1, 2010 @ 4:08 pm In Breakfasts,Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos,Soy | 8 Comments
Yield: About 6 slices
* 1 cup Soymilk (other non-dairy milk may be used)
* 2 Tbsp. Flour
* 1 tsp. Sugar
* 1 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast flakes
* 1/2 tsp. salt.
* Flavoring of choice: Cinnamon to taste or 1 teaspoon vanilla, rum, or pecan extract
* Sliced bread (about 6 slices, sliced in half)
Mix together all ingredients except bread. Heat a skillet (preferably non-stick) and oil it if necessary. Dip each half slice of bread into the mixture to coat well. Place into the hot pan and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Serve hot with cinnamon or maple syrup.
NOTES: You can play with the proportions a little. This is the basic recipe I started out using many years ago, but since then I kind of “wing it” and probably use more nutritional yeast than flour. (Of course, I now am used to nut. yeast, so I really like the flavor.)
By Susan Voisin, based on The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/03/01/french-toast/
Copyright © 2002-2015 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.