- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
Posted By ffvhelper On March 2, 2010 @ 8:25 am In Breakfasts | 11 Comments
The best fatfree vegan pancakes I’ve had!
Recipe By : Susan Voisin
Serving Size : 4
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar — or other sweetener
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups soy milk — or rice milk
1/2 tablespoon egg replacer — mixed with…
2 tablespoons water
1. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add soy milk and egg replacer and stir just until flour is moistened. (For thicker pancakes, use only 1 cup milk.) Let the batter rest for 5 minutes while skillet heats, and then stir gently one more time before using.
2. Heat non-stick griddle or skillet (sprayed lightly with non-stick spray) over medium heat until drop of water sizzles. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle, making a few pancakes at a time. Cook until tops are bubbly and bubbles burst; edges will look dry. With pancake turner, turn and cook until undersides are golden. Place on warm platter; keep warm.
3. Repeat until all batter is used, brushing griddle lightly with salad oil, if necessary to prevent sticking. Serve pancakes with syrup or other topping as desired.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Per serving: 195 Calories (kcal); 2g Total Fat; (8% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 654mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/03/02/fatfree-pancakes-or-waffles/
Copyright © 2002-2012 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.