Recipe by: Vegan Handbook
2 C fresh or canned pineapple chunks in natural juice
2 C fresh or canned apricot halves in natural juice
2 C fresh or canned figs in natural juice
1 1/2 C of mixed juices from above
1/2 C raspberry jam
1 lemon studded with 6-8 cloves
1 stick cinnamon
1/2 C seedless raisins or currants
- Drain enough juice from each fruit to yield about 1 1/2 C liquid.
- Place all the fruit (except raisins or currants) in deep oven proof pot. Add juices, jam, lemon, and cinnamon.
- Blend well with wooden spoon and bake @ 325 degrees or simmer over lowest heat for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the lemon and cinnamon. Mix in raisins or currants and set aside (covered) until plumped by juices.
- Serve warm topped with slivered almonds if desired. For more tartness, add a few drops or lemon juice.
Note: cooked prunes, peach halves, or pitted cherries can replace any of the fruits, as long as 3 different fruits are used.