- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Cold Asparagus with a Chinese Dressing
Posted By Susan Voisin On March 11, 2010 @ 9:41 am In Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos,Vegetables | No Comments
Recipe from Madhur Jaffrey’s World Vegetarian
You won’t believe how delicious this simple recipe is. The asparagus is barely cooked and retains its bright green color.
* 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimed, cut into thirds at a slight angle, and left to soak in water for 15 minutes
For the dressing:
* 4 tsp. soy sauce
* 1 tsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. Chinese Shao Hsing wine or dry sherry (I used mirin)
* 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
* 1 tsp. dark sesame oil (or less, to taste)
* 1 garlic clove, peeled and lightly crushed but whole
Drain the asparagus. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and put the asparagus in for just one minute. Drain and run under cold water. Drain again. Leave in a colander.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Just before serving, put the asparagus into a bowl. Remove the garlic from the dressing and toss the dressing with the asparagus.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/03/11/cold-asparagus-with-a-chinese-dressing/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.