- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Santa fe Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Posted By archives On March 25, 2010 @ 1:14 pm In Beans and Legumes | 1 Comment
Recipe by: Karina Allrich
1 medium spaghetti squash
olive oil spray
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup red or green bell pepper, chopped
1 (14-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
2/3 cup sweet corn
2/3 cup thawed chopped spinach
1 tsp chili powder, or curry, to taste
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
2 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup bread crumbs (or tortilla chip crumbs)
1/2 cup pine nuts or pecans, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Halve and roast the squash in a 375 degree oven for 50 minutes until fork tender. Cool. Scrape out the squash halves with a fork (in strands) and place the squash in a bowl.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Spray a large skillet with the olive oil spray and sauté the onion, chili and red pepper over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the drained beans, green chilies, corn, chopped spinach, and chili powder; heat through 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt. Spoon the squash mixture into a casserole or baking dish sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
5. Top with bread crumbs and pine nuts.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for twenty to thirty minutes – until the casserole is heated through and bubbling around the edges.
7. Serve with Spanish rice.
Note:: This dish is easily converted to gluten-free: substitute the bread crumbs with gluten-free bread crumbs or corn tortilla chip crumbs.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/03/25/santa-fe-spaghetti-squash-casserole/
Copyright © 2002-2015 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.