- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Vegetable Lentil Curry
Posted By Susan Voisin On April 5, 2010 @ 10:31 am In Beans and Legumes,Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos | 2 Comments
Submitted by: Courtney
* 1 med. sized onion, finely chopped
* 2 Tbs. curry powder
* 2 med. sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
* 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and separated into florets
* 1 C brown lentils, rinsed
* 2 14.5 oz. cans low/no-sodium diced tomatoes with juice
This is even better made a day ahead so that the flavors have a chance to meld together–a great make-ahead dish!
Heat a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium heat and add sauté liquid or pan spray. Add onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring often.
Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add sweet potatoes, cauliflower, lentils, tomatoes with juice, and 1 1/2 C water.
Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender. (Add additional water as needed.) Season to taste with salt and pepper (optional).
Spoon mixture into bowls and serve hot.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/04/05/vegetable-lentil-curry/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.