- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Egyptian Fava Bean Dip (Foul Mudammes)
Posted By archives On April 12, 2010 @ 9:08 am In Appetizers,Beans and Legumes | No Comments
1 (15 ounces) can cooked fava beans or 1 1/2 cups cooked fava beans
1 small chopped onion
3 cloves chopped garlic
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin (but season to your own taste!)
1 dash cinnamon (but season to your own taste!)
1 dash clove (but season to your own taste!)
1 dash turmeric (but season to your own taste!)
1 dash cayenne (but season to your own taste!)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
1 small peeled and cooked potato, added when onion is cooking (optional)
1. First, cook onion in non-stick skillet until limp.
2. Add garlic and cook a little.
3. Add large chopped tomato and cook until it just starts breaking apart.
4. Add spices and lemon juice and stir.
5. Add fava beans and salt to taste.
6. Leave on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Put in blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
8. Eat with pita bread (warm crusty French bread is good too).
Adapted from a recipe on recipezaar.com
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/04/12/egyptian-fava-bean-dip-foul-mudammes/
Copyright © 2002-2013 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.