- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Risi E Bisi
Posted By archives On April 21, 2010 @ 10:03 am In Beans and Legumes,Rice and Grains | No Comments
1 C yellow onions, chopped
2 1/2 C strong vegetable broth
1 C raw brown rice
salt to taste
2 C shelled green peas
1/4 C fresh parsley, finely chopped
– In a large, deep pot, sauté onions in 2 tsp water.
– Add broth, rice, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover pot. Cook 35 minutes then add peas and more broth if needed.
– Cover and cook to desired firmness, about 15 more minutes. This delicate dish needs a light touch and occasional stirring.
– Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/04/21/risi-e-bisi/
Copyright © 2002-2015 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.