- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Creamy Cruciferous Risotto
Posted By Katherine Lawrence On May 14, 2010 @ 11:38 am In Recipes with Photos,Rice and Grains | 1 Comment
(Submitted by Katherine Lawrence, www.plantbasedhealth.com)
1 1/2 c. Vegetable Broth
3 cloves Garlic, sliced
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 c. Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
1/3 head Cabbage, sliced wide
1/4 c. Nutritional Yeast
1/2 t. Black Pepper
1/2 t. Cinnamon
1 T Soy Sauce
1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper or Cajun Seasoning
2 1/2 c. cooked Brown Rice (yield from 1 c dry rice)
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion & garlic for 3 minutes.
2. Add the Brussels Sprouts, cabbage and only 1/2c of the broth to the skillet. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
3. Mix the remaining broth, nutritional yeast, black pepper, cinnamon, soy sauce and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and pour over vegetables. Continue cooking and stir until the yeast thickens.
4. Add the brown rice, stir and cover. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Enjoy! Serves 4. (try substituting broccoli for Brussels)
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/05/14/creamy-cruciferous-risotto/
Copyright © 2002-2012 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.