- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Thick Tex-Mex Chili
Posted By Katherine Lawrence On January 2, 2011 @ 10:51 pm In Beans and Legumes,Featured Recipes,Meat Substitutes,Recipes with Photos,Soups and Stews | 28 Comments
Submitted by Katherine Lawrence of www.plantbasedhealth.com
I love thick, hearty chili in cold weather. It’s always so satisfying and filling, so it makes a great comfort food…especially when served my favorite way: over warm grits!
1 Onion, diced
5 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 T. Jalapeno, minced with seeds
3 c. Diced Tomatoes
1 ½ c. cooked Kidney Beans
1 ½ c. cooked Pinto Beans
1 ½ c. Frozen Corn
2 t. ground Cumin
1 t. Chili Powder
½-1 t. Salt
½ t. Black Pepper
½ t. Cinnamon
1 pkg Soy Crumbles (optional)
1 c. Water or Vegetable Broth
1. In a 5qt saucepan, sauté onions, garlic and jalapeno over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
2. Add all remaining ingredients, except soy crumbles, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Add soy crumbles and cook for 5 minutes, until warmed through.
4. Serve plain, or on top of brown rice or grits!
Makes 12 cups.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2011/01/02/thick-tex-mex-chili/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.