- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Hearty-Hearty Minestrone Soup
Posted By Katherine Lawrence On January 3, 2011 @ 9:59 am In Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos,Soups and Stews | 9 Comments
Submitted by Katherine Lawrence of www.plantbasedhealth.com
1 large onion
6 c. Vegetable Broth
4 stalks Celery
1 T dried Basil
1 T dried Oregano
2 t. Rosemary
½ t. Salt
½ t. Black Pepper
4 c. Baby Tomatoes (cut half of them into halves)
8 cloves Garlic
2 c. Rigatoni or Ziti, uncooked
3 c. cooked Cannelini or Navy Beans
1. Dice the onion & cut the carrots into matchsticks.
2. In a 7-qt sauce-pan, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. If needed to keep the vegetables from sticking, add a small amount of water or broth.
3. While waiting, cut the zucchini into match-sticks and slice the celery.
4. Add all remaining ingredients, except for the beans, to the saucepan.
5. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low & cook for 10 minutes until pasta is tender.
6. Remove the lid and stir in the beans until warmed.
Makes 5 quarts.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2011/01/03/hearty-hearty-minestrone-soup/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.