- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Savory Potato Pear Stew
Posted By Katherine Lawrence On January 3, 2011 @ 9:17 am In Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos,Soups and Stews | 14 Comments
Submitted by Katherine Lawrence of www.plantbasedhealth.com
This stew was inspired by a vacation—it was time to clear out the fridge, stoke up on immune boosting beta-carotene and have leftovers in the freezer upon our return home.
2 Carrots, cut into match-sticks
1 large yellow Onion, chopped
4 Yukon Potatoes, diced
1 ½ c. Red Lentils
1 T. fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
4 medium Tomatoes, diced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 small Jalapeno, minced
6 c. low-sodium Vegetable Broth
1 t. Black Pepper
¼ t. Salt
2 Pears, diced
1. In a 5qt saucepan, sauté carrots and onion over medium heat.
2. Add remaining ingredients, except pear. Bring to a boil, then lower heat.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Add more broth as desired to thin it.
4. Add the pears during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
5. Enjoy this very filling stew with a toasty piece of sourdough bread!
Makes 4 quarts.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2011/01/03/savory-potato-pear-stew/
Copyright © 2002-2015 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.