- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Vegan “Cheeseburger” Macaroni
Posted By ffvhelper On September 29, 2011 @ 9:33 am In Pasta,Soy | 1 Comment
Submitted by: Gayle
I tried this recipe tonight. It seemed like it would be somewhat of a comfort food. It turned out pretty good. My kids – even the pickiest ones loved it and even asked for more. There is a small amount of fat in this recipe from the vegan cheese (2 grams per serving – 1 serving = 30 gr). I’m hoping this tiny amount doesn’t upset anyone. I apologize in advance if it does. It’s so hard to find recipes that are virtually fat free that my kids like – this one fit the bill so I thought I’d share it. If you try this I hope you like it.
1 Cup Not Beef – ground style or any vegan beef substitute = to 1 pound – more or less)
1 Cup hot water or broth (for the not beef)
1 cup chopped onions
1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
1 cup water
1 Cup elbow macaroni
1.5 cups Soymage vegan cheese – cheddar flavor OR any vegan cheese that melts (Vegan Gourmet is GREAT but I can’t get the cheddar flavor in my area)
1 tsp garlic granules (or garlic powder)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp dry mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Combine the one cup hot water or broth (I used broth) to the Not Beef and allow to sit for approx 10 minutes.
2. Sautee the onions in small amount of water.
3. Add beef substitute and garlic granules and cook through.
4. Add undrained tomatoes and 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
5. Add the macaroni; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Stir in shredded “cheese”, nutritional yeast, and mustard powder.
7. Serve hot with crusty French bread.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2011/09/29/vegan-cheeseburger-macaroni/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.