- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Posted By susanlowenberg On December 19, 2011 @ 5:38 pm In Desserts & Sweets,Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos | 11 Comments
Source: Bake With Dates by Susan Lowenberg (http://bakewithdates.com)
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup carob powder
6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 tsp vanilla
12 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
3 cups almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup carob powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
To Make the Crust
1. Combine almond meal, 1/4 cup carob powder, 6 chopped dates, and 1 tsp. vanilla in a food processor until mixture adheres together.
2. Spray 9″ pie pan with cooking spray.
3. Press almond carob mixture into pie pan.
4. Bake at 350º F for 10 minutes. Cool.
To Make the Pudding
1. Using a blender, puree 12 chopped dates, almond milk, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/3 cup carob powder and cornstarch.
2. Pour into top of double boiler and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the pudding is thick.
3. Pour pudding into a bowl and cover surface with plastic wrap so a crust doesn’t form on the top as the pudding cools.
To Make the Pie
1. When pudding and crust have cooled, pour pudding into crust.
2. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 slice. Calories: 226, Fat: 3 g
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2011/12/19/carob-pie/
Copyright © 2002-2015 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.