- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Diane’s Creamy Tahini/Herb Salad Dressing
Posted By archives On January 1, 2012 @ 2:56 pm In Dressings | 3 Comments
Posted by lieudire on the Eat To Live free board
I must admit that salad dressing is my big “frustration” with this program. I have come up with one salad dressing that I really do like … it’s “creamy” and just “rich” enough to satisfy, plus it’s a welcome change from vinegar.
for 1 serving:
1 heaping teaspoon of Tahini
the juice from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
– with a spoon or fork, stir together until mixture becomes “creamy” and thick.
– then add 2 to 3 tablespoons of fresh garden herbs that are finely chopped. I generally use fresh parsely, chives, fennel (yum, yum!), and 1/2 to 1 clove of garlic. Stir this into the thick tahini/lemon mixture. It should be a paste-like consistency.
– then slowly add cold water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you have the consistency you desire (I generally add approx. 4 to 5 teaspoons of water).
– now you’re ready to pour your dressing over a lovely fresh salad and enjoy.
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2012/01/01/dianes-creamy-tahiniherb-salad-dressing/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.