- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Savoury Baked Sweet Potato Balls
Posted By jarafel On March 4, 2013 @ 10:14 am In Appetizers,Recipes with Photos,Vegetables | 2 Comments
Jarafel says: This is yummi recipe popular in our family.
for the recipe you will need:
2 large baked sweet potatoes, yams
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. of salt or to taste
1/2 of red onion cut fine
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro cut small
1/4 -1/2 tsp of smoked paprika( depending how smokey you like it )
1/2 tsp of paprika
1/4 tsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp. of chipotle powder + 1/4 tsp for crust
1 cup of dried shredded coconut
1/4 tsp. of ground cumin powder
1 tbs. of psyllium husk powder
1. So, to make sweet potato balls, first you need to bake your sweet potatoes and let them cool down. You can bake them night before. Them peel them and mash them in a bowl. Add lemon juice and spices and mix well. add onion and cilantro and mix again and finally add psyllium husk powder and mix until well combined.
2. In the blender or food processor add your shredded coconut and blend until its finely shredded. its should be now down to 1/2 cup or so. put it in the bowl and add remaining chipotle powder. mix and set aside.
3. preheat oven to 375 F. Now take little bit of your sweet potato mix on your hand and make it into ball, then dip it into shredded coconut until covered and set it on baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. bake about 35 minutes and then let it cool down for 5-10 minutes before eating. I like to eat them plain or with little maple syrup mixed with little bit of apple cider vinegar, my husband likes coconut sauce.. so find one that suites you ! I hope you will enjoy them
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2013/03/04/savoury-baked-sweet-potato-balls/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.