This is a great dish for your backyard cookouts. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free and even has a soy-free variation. The tart yogurt dressing and Indian spices make this a salad no one will forget!
Indian Chickpea Salad
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15 ounce can rinsed and drained)
- 1 large cooked potato, diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large cucumber, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- ½ cup minced tomatoes
- 1 cup So Delicious plain coconut yogurt or unsweetened soy yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons kala namak
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne or other spicy chili powder, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro plus more for serving
In a large bowl combine the beans and veggies.
Mix the rest of the ingredients in a smaller bowl to create the dressing. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Add the dressing to the veggies and mix until throughly combined. Serve topped with cilantro over lettuce or by itself.