My mom used to make this recipe for me when I was in high school, sometimes waiting for me after basketball practice during the winter. 8 years later…I finally got the recipe. Enjoy!
- Recipe by: jdoochin
- Serves: 5-6
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hr 30 minutes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can of red light kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can of tomato juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 1/2 – 2 chopped onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 3 bay leaves
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a simmer and cover.
- Let simmer for an hour and a half.
- Add salt and pepper accordingly