- Fatfree Vegan Recipes - http://fatfreevegan.com -
Warm Potato Salad with Spinach and Chickpeas
Posted By Alina On March 19, 2014 @ 4:13 pm In Beans and Legumes,Featured Recipes,Recipes with Photos,Salads | 12 Comments
This warm potato salad is a step aside from the traditional version: it’s cooked in a hot skillet and doesn’t call for mayonnaise or other fattening dressings. I like to stir in a handful of spinach, kale, or any other greens I have on hand, or serve it on top of a veggie salad to make it more filling.
Another delicious way to serve this potato salad: spread some of it on a warm tortilla, top with fresh salsa, wrap it up and enjoy!
~ Alina from Vegan Runner Eats blog
Ingredients (to make 1 serving):
1 medium red potato, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces (can be left unpeeled)
1/4 cup cooked chickpeas or other beans
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp red onion, chopped
2 crimini mushrooms, chopped (optional)
handful fresh spinach
olive oil cooking spray
1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
pinch cayenne (optional)
salt, pepper to taste
1. Heat up a heavy-bottomed nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Once the pan is hot, add cubed potatoes, spray them with some more cooking spray, stir with a spatula to distribute them evenly over the pan, and cover with a lid. Cook for 8-10 min, stirring every 2-3 min to prevent the pieces from sticking to the pan. Meanwhile, chop onions, bell pepper and mushrooms.
2. The potatoes are going to be almost done when they form a nice brown crust, and slide easily across the pan. If you pierce a piece with a fork, it should go in easily. Once the potatoes reach this point, add chickpeas, cover with a lid, and cook 2 min more.
3. Remove the lid, add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, salt and all of the spices except basil leaves. Continue to cook another 2 min, stirring often.
4. Stir in a handful of spinach leaves. As soon as they begin to wilt, take the pan off the heat. Serve immediately, sprinkled with chopped fresh basil leaves. Enjoy!
Article printed from Fatfree Vegan Recipes: http://fatfreevegan.com
URL to article: http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2014/03/19/warm-potato-salad-with-spinach-and-chickpeas/
Copyright © 2002-2014 Fat Free Vegan Recipes. All rights reserved.