From Lana Porter, fatfree.com
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for February 25th, 2010
Here’s a modified recipe for a squash pie based on the Ask Dr. Weil website. It tastes yummier than pumpkin pie.
I find that the smooth, sweet butternut puree tastes just as good as sugar pumpkin-perhaps even better! Once you’ve got the squash or pumpkin baked, which I do ahead of time, making this nourishing pie is a snap. It contains no eggs or dairy, but no one will notice the difference.
This is the best pie ever…
This makes a very moist cake like dessert. Use apples which do not “sauce” when cooking like Gala apples. Cut the recipe in half to bake in 1 round cake pan.
These light, uncooked rolls are the perfect start to any Asian meal. They’re very easy to make, and you can vary the filling ingredients to suit your taste–and your creativity! Serve them with Peanut Sauce, as shown, or with Soy Orange Sauce.
I use this tofu recipe for adding to stir-fries, rolling up in sushi, and serving with gravy on Thanksgiving. It’s a great, easy all-around tofu recipe that even kids love (my daughter snacks on cubes of baked tofu).
Mix all ingredients together well. Makes about 1 cup.
Great on spring rolls!
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes