Spinach Salad with Beets and Oranges
Submitted by: Courtney
This one is so pretty and colorful that even kids like it!
- 2 navel oranges
- 6 cups torn spinach
- 3 cups shredded peeled beets (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- Peel oranges, and cut each crosswise into 5 slices. Place spinach on a large platter. Spoon beets onto spinach, and arrange orange slices on beets. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, Add shallots, and sauté 1 minute or until tender. Stir in vinegar and pepper; drizzle over salad. Sprinkle salad with chives.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4