*This recipe requires a small 1 – 1.5 quart slow cooker.* (You can double or triple the recipe and use a larger one if you like.)
Makes 2 servings (unless you drink a venti and then it’s just one serving)
soy-free (if you don’t use soy milk) , gluten-free
- 1/4 cup (63ml) cold brewed coffee concentrate (or 1 cup (250ml) regular brewed coffee)
- 2 cup (500ml) unsweetened non-dairy milk (can use vanilla or plain )
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch ground clove
- pinch ground allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon molasses (optional – adds more gingerbread flavor)
- Sweetener to taste: brown sugar, stevia, agave nectar, or maple syrup, etc.
(I used 1/2 packet Nu-Stevia)
Put everything but sweetener in the slow cooker. Add molasses. Whisk until ingredients are well combined. Taste and add your choice of sweetener until it’s the way you like your latte.
Cook for 3 hours on low or 1 1⁄2 to 2 hours on high. You are just heating it, so you could also do this on the stove top if you are in a hurry.