adapted from a recipe posted to http://community.qvc.com/
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1-3/4 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 cup jasmine or basmati rice
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro or flat leaf parsley
3/4 cup unsweetened lite coconut milk (or soymilk plus coconut extract)
4 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 lb extra firm tofu cut in 1/2″ cubes
1/2 cup sliced scallions
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1 cup small cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
2 tbsp chopped peanuts
1) Stir coconut in nonstick skillet over med heat about 5 min until golden brown. Set aside.
2) Bring water and salt to boil, add rice, cover, lower heat and simmer until water is absorbed, about 18 min.
3) Puree cilantro (or parsley), 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp ginger, lime juice, and half of garlic in blender/food processor. Mix puree and coconut into rice. Set aside.
4) Heat a non-stick skillet brushed or sprayed with a tiny amount of oil; stir fry tofu until golden, about 6 min. Add onions, curry, cumin, red pepper, and remaining ginger and garlic. Stir fry 1 min., Add tomatoes and remaining coconut milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) Divide rice among 4 plates. Top with tofu mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts.