Use this simple recipe in place of oil in salad dressings.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Dressings’ Category
Easy and delicious! Submitted by S. Ann Andrews.
This ranch dressing uses silken tofu instead of mayo for a low-fat version that will add creaminess to any salad.
1 12.3 ounce package firm lite silken tofu
1/3 cup water…
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic powder…
1 red bell pepper
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar…
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup distilled water…
It’s yummy! Trust me….
1 cup cold water or light vegetarian broth
2 tsp cornstarch…
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp. frozen apple juice concentrate…
This dressing is great on a grain-based salad as well – such as quinoa with vegetables.
I must admit that salad dressing is my big “frustration” with this program. I have come up with one salad dressing that I really do like … it’s “creamy” and just “rich” enough to satisfy, plus it’s a welcome change from vinegar.
I’ve discovered that I really like raspberry dressing, but most of the fatfree ones in the grocery store have too much sugar. I found this recipe and have been experimenting with cutting down on the calories by decreasing the apple juice concentrate.
This is my lower-fat, vegan version of Annie’s Gingerly Vinaigrette (which contains honey). I’ve used ground flax seeds to thicken it–as well as add essential Omega 3’s.
Good on salad, avocado or jacket potatoes. You may want to add seasonings to taste.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes