Horchata is a traditional Mexican beverage made with homemade rice milk, cinnamon and sweeteners. I’ve taken liberties with it here by adding in oats and almonds. It’s amazing served over ice.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Beverages’ Category
Here’s how I’ll be getting my pound of dark leafy greens in this week. –tortugita718
This makes two 3.5-cup smoothies and provides half the fruit and all the raw veggies you need on the ETL plan. Drink up! –tortugita718
This recipe is higher fat than the 15% guideline for this website; however, I feel the fat from the ground flaxseeds–which provides the adequate Omega 3s for an entire day for most of us–justifies the higher fat because it is functional nutrition. –tortugita718
Lassi is an Indian yogurt drink that can be either sweet or salty. I like mine sweet with mango, mint and just a hint of lemon verbena.
Just in time for the warm weather – a healthy frozen treat that doesn’t cost a fortune!
Make your own gourmet Gingerbread Latte at home. Pick your favorite non-dairy milk and sweetener for an inexpensive cup of fall.
Delicious Smoothie with protein from kale
Mango Smoothie for breakfast or snack
1 15oz can Pumpkin
1 1/2 c Soy Milk
1T. Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar…
This smoothie makes me miss my days of growing up in Louisiana. It makes 6 cups, so that’s enough for me to enjoy more of it the next day 🙂
Another tip, not really a smoothie but… If you ever have too much watermelon (Seedless. Or any other melon, without the seeds.) and are afraid you won’t use it all in time take a bunch and blend it! It makes a refreshing drink and somehow is easy to eat lots of it this way.
This is such a sugar pink colour, it glows! But don’t mess with the sweet sugary vixen lurking at the bottom of this drink — she might just turn around and bite you!
We make watermelon “slurpees” all summer long. Ice + watermelon (plus a couple of spoonfuls of water to get it going )in the blender makes a yummy treat. You don’t even have to remove the seeds; they sink to the bottom of your cup. (And if you do drink a few little bits, whats a little extra fiber anyway…?) Oranges and other juicy citrus are nice, too. I also like apples + berries.
2 cups coarsely chopped cantaloupe
2 cups sliced ripe banana (about 2 medium) …
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes