An experiment that went right! This got the thumbs-up from two meat eaters.–tortugita718
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Vegetables’ Category
Here’s how I’ll be getting my pound of dark leafy greens in this week. –tortugita718
This spinach answers the call. It has the velvety texture of old-school creamed spinach, yet is low fat, plant based, and gluten free. Better yet, you can make it in under 20 minutes!
Delicious marinated mushrooms stuffed with seasoned spinach and sweet potatoes in a cheesy tofu sauce. Recipe by Jarafel.
Sweet potatoes are combined with shredded coconut and spices in these delicious balls. Recipe by Jarafel.
This makes two 3.5-cup smoothies and provides half the fruit and all the raw veggies you need on the ETL plan. Drink up! –tortugita718
This is a recipe I made for a coworker of mine who saw how healthy my homemade vegan meals looked and that I seem healthy and happy. I made this for him and have named it in his honor. –tortugita718
This hearty bean and vegetable stew makes an excellent one-pot meal. –submitted by pasuleka
Peas are good, but these peas are awesome. Serve as an alternative to mashed potatoes. . . Without any added fat!
I like to prepare this so that the vegetables are crunchy. I cut everything and mix the sauce in advance so I can move quickly. It’s quick and one of our favorite dishes.–cheried
6-8 medium-size red (or Yukon gold) potatoes, cut up
2-3 tablespoons white wine or apple cider vinegar…
1 lb. bag frozen Italian vegetables
1-2 large tomatoes, chopped…
This is my famous Panang curry recipe with kale, which has a slightly different twist and lots of veggies – resulting in a huge pot of steaming, nutritious joy.
An easy couscous recipe with peppers, potatoes, and peas
I think shaking up some sweet salsa in a squeeze bottle and drawing a heart outline on each soup’s bowl’s surface, with the cilanto dusting would make it a great Valentine’s dish.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes