These Hawaiian Baked Beans are sweetened with pineapple, maple syrup, and dates for a delicious vegan side dish that is low in sugar and ketchup-free.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Pressure Cooker’ Category
Okay, here comes the beauty of the pressure cooker. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, the recipe will remain the same, but you will need to allow the soup to simmer for at least an hour until the vegetables are soft.
This wonderfully spiced soup can be made in either a pressure cooker or regular soup pot.
Minty, lemony, and delicious pressure cooker recipe.
A couple of nights ago at Fresh Choice they were serving a Tuscan White Bean soup I really liked – so I decided I’d try to replicate it at home in the pressure cooker. Here’s what I came up with this afternoon.
3 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
1 1/2 cups stock or broth…
Brenda’s note: This is a keeper! We were impressed with how nice the beans cooked, soft and perfect; easily mashed right in the pressure cooker when they’d finished cooking.
I made this simple soup last night and it was heavenly. Here’s what I did: I didn’t have leeks, so I substituted 2 chopped onions. I made up a mixture of Herbes de Provence following the recipe at the end, and at the very end, I pureed part of the soup using a hand-blender, trying to keep most of the carrot pieces intact. Also, I followed the regular directions, not the pressure cooker ones, because it was such a quick-cooking dish. Definitely a keeper.
Pressure cooking and stovetop instructions are included.
Use this handy chart to determine how long to pressure cook soaked and unsoaked beans
1 tsp cumin seed
1/4 tsp ground coriander…
This makes lots- enough to share and is wonderful.
1/2 to 1 C veg. stock
1 bay leaf…
2 leeks, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced…
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes