1 lb. extra firm tofu
3/4 C. water…
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Condiments’ Category
1 lb. extra firm tofu
1/2 cup dry sherry
2 tablespoons grated gingerroot…
3 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup plum jam…
The amalgamation of sweet figs and aromatic rosemary makes for a wonderfully delicious and potent spread.–kaitsinsidedish
I have an awesome lower fat pesto sauce. I got it from the McDougall newsletter and adapted it. I think the original was created by Jill Nussinow who teaches together with McDougall’s during their live in sessions and on their latest DVDs.
I’m always on the hunt for new dip ideas. This was an experiment I am quite pleased with. It is quick, filling and delicious, not to mention healthy!
This is the one I teach at McDougall program and use all the time -great for potato salad with lots of dijon. Vit C makes it nice and tart – more like a sour cream than a mayo.
This recipe was adapted from “Tofu Cookery” by Louise Hagler. The oil has been omitted from an otherwise wonderful recipe and the quantity of tofu changed for convenience.
I love this recipe. I follow the variation at the bottom to make a cheddar “cheese sauce” and pour it over baked potatoes topped with broccoli for a great no-fat meal. Another thing I do is make a nacho cheese dip by following the variation, but instead of using non-dairy milk, I use Rotel spicy tomatoes. Goes great with baked tortilla chips!
You can make this recipe up to 3 days ahead.
Delicious raw cranberry sauce with orange and walnuts.
This all-natural cranberry sauce recipe uses dates for sweetness rather than sugar.
An easy recipe for making your own practically instant broth.
1 can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1/4 purple onion, finely minced…
1 can great northern beans (drained and rinsed)
6 TBS nutritional yeast (not brewer’s yeast)…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes