The options out in the world for plain, unsweetened soy yogurt are slim. And if you can find it, it’s usually pretty expensive. Luckily it’s easy to make at home.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Soy’ Category
This tofu scramble is incredibly tasty with fantastic texture, and it’s super healthy for you to boot.
This recipe is for those finding it difficult to maintain a plant-based diet because they miss their traditional breakfast proteins and sandwiches with that other patty. And it’s for those who have their Doc screaming, ‘no more sausage!’. –Scott
Delicious marinated mushrooms stuffed with seasoned spinach and sweet potatoes in a cheesy tofu sauce. Recipe by Jarafel.
Mussamun curry paste is a red curry paste that includes not only the standard cumin, coriander, and peppercorns, but also an aromatic array of sweet spices, including cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom.
1 10.5-ounce package lite extra-firm silken tofu, frozen and thawed [I use regular water-packed tofu myself – still frozen and thawed]
2 tbsp soy sauce…
This one is a little twist on normal stuffed peppers–it is a nice change, I think. And, it is quick because you don’t bake them and wait for the peppers to cook.
1 cup okara
Okara is the pulp left over from making soy milk. It’s full of fiber and protein.
Easy breakfast dish.
1 cup TVP granules
7/8 cup Boiling water…
The delicious elements in this sandwich can used in variety of ways, including salads, wraps, potatoes and stir fries. –grafx1
The spanakopita was very tasty. Here’s the recipe, adapted by removing olive oil and salt.
15 oz. light extra firm tofu
5 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce…
1 C TVP (texturized vegetable protein)
7/8 C boiling water…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes