This recipe, adapted from Rick’s book On Rice, makes an almost instant vegetarian dinner. It is great spooned over basmati rice.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Vegetables’ Category
1 quart water
3 cups chopped carrots…
1 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar…
This one is very easy to make, and is easy to make ahead, which is good for families. I use brown rice, so I let it cook a while longer so that it would be done (about an hour).
1 large acorn squash, halved, seeded
1 medium sweet yellow onion, diced…
I found this recipe yesterday doing a google.com search for eggplant, zucchini and quinoa–the ingredients I had on hand. Anyway, I added some ingredients and took away the oil and made it last night. It made a good bit, and it was very good and filling.
3/4 cup brown rice — (uncooked)
non-stick cooking spray
2 cloves garlic — minced…
3 TBS sherry (or water or stock)
1 medium onion, chopped…
I have modified a traditional Greek “cabbage rice” dish by adding curry and making it more delicious. This is a great way to get kids to eat cooked cabbage.
3 pounds pickling cucumbers, peeled
1 medium-sized onion, peeled…
Here’s a recipe that’s great for cooking on the barbeque grill, but it can also be done in an oven (20-30 minutes at 350 degrees). It has almost no fat and is appropriate for the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss and Fuhrman Eat to Live Programs.
Oriental foods and flavors combine with black-eyed peas in this sesame-accented main course.
This recipe is a life-saver on the Eat to Live program. You can eat it for any meal and you can eat as much of it as you want! It’s delicious.
The fresh herbs really give the salad its pizzazz, so try to find some if you don’t grow your own.
3 cups diced eggplant
2 medium zucchini, sliced…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes