This is a recipe I adapted from Robin Robertson’s Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. This version is no longer cooked in a crockpot, and I’ve removed the oil and made some changes in how the ingredients are combined. The first time I made this, my husband pronounced it “one of the best things I’ve ever tasted”!
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Vegetables’ Category
Chopping the vegetables takes a little time, but after turning everything into the slow cooker, the machine does all the work. Serve over brown rice.
1 onion, minced
2 stalks celery, diced…
A simple, yet flavorful recipe that is the perfect side dish for any meal.
2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 medium-large zucchini, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick…
Mirletons (also spelled “mirlitons”) are a favorite vegetable in south Louisiana. The mirleton is also known as the Chayote, Alligator Pear, Mango Squash and Vegetable Pear. This recipe may also be used to stuff peppers or other vegetables.
Spicy without being hot, exotic without using hard-to-find ingredients, Khalota (pronounced Ha-Lo-Ta) is a delicious introduction to North African cooking.
Almost everything tastes better with cashew sauce! But it is high-fat, so I use it sparingly.
– 1 lb fresh kale
– 2 onions, sliced…
3 cups sliced raw potatoes — (15 ounces)
3 cups sliced carrots…
1-19 oz can tomatoes, with juice, broken up
1 small eggplant, with peel, cut into 1/2″ pieces…
I’m not sure this qualifies as hash browned potatoes, but I do diced potatoes in the oven and we eat them like hash browns…
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cloves garlic, minced…
10 ounces packaged frozen chopped spinach, thawed but not drained
2 cups converted white rice…
Let the luscious fragrances of curry fill your home all day as it simmers in your slow cooker. Serve over hot cooked basmati rice with chutney on the side.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes