Maple Corn Muffins
Submitted by: Freedom
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 cup corn flour
• sprinkle salt (optional)
• 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
• 4 tablespoons vegan maple syrup
• 1/2 cup lowfat soymilk
• 1/2 an egg worth of Egg Replacer
• Optional: a handful of sultanas, dried cranberries, chopped walnuts etc
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour wet ingredients into well and mix thoroughly, then stir in dried fruit or whatever you’re using. The mixture will be very runny, don’t worry about this. Pour into silicone muffin pans (or lightly greased regular pans – since I got silicone for christmas I could never go back) and bake at 200C for 14-20 mins.
This makes 8 smallish muffins, with a very nice flavour and texture.
Nutritional content: I don’t know values but do know that the only fat comes from the soymilk, and all or part of this can be substituted for water if you desire.