- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
6 Responses to “Peanut Sauce”
too much water too much soya
Made this last night and it was so so so delicious and so easy to make. Thank you very much 🙂
February 22nd, 2011 at 9:41 pm
Just whipped this up from a near bear fridge for a last minute meal to complete soem frozen veggies and its quite yummy :)! I made a few alterations though. First i used broth instead of water since i like a fuller sauce, then sunflower butter instead of peanut since im allergic to nuts, and finally tamari instead of soy sauce to make it gluten free. The only alteration id make in the future is to do it over the stove for ease (and to tripple it!) and thicken with starch to make it cling to the veggies better.
My carnivores had a bite and now they want to make it too :D.
This is delicious! Made it today. I added a little extra water as suggested by the first reviewer, plus I added a little lime zest along with the juice. Even my kids rated it “awesome”!
September 6th, 2010 at 1:14 pm
Fantastic, mouth-watering! Just made it this morning. Next time, I might add only 1/3 Cup water, tho, as I like mine with a little thicker consistency.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes
November 1st, 2012 at 10:12 pm
I love this sauce with a few tweaks! I overcame the issue chika stated above by adding additional peanut butter because I do think as-is the recipe is a little watery and not…peanut-y enough, I guess? Great starting-point recipe though!