1/3 cup low-fat soy milk
1 tsp vinegar
2 Tbs flax meal
5 Tbsp water
1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup soy flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas (about two very ripe medium bananas)
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix soy milk with vinegar; set aside.
- Heat water for 30 seconds in microwave.
- Mix ground flax seeds with hot water; set aside.
- Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix bananas, applesauce, soy milk-vinegar mixture, and flax seed mixture in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the banana mixture with the large bowl containing dry ingredients, and stir well.
- Add chopped pecans and mix well again.
- Pour into a greased 8″ square pan or loaf pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 1 hour (8″ square pan) to 1 hour and 15 minutes (loaf pan), or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 serving.
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Amount Per Serving
Calories From Fat (14%) 32.8
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.89g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 258.33mg 11%
Potassium 324.55mg 9%
Total Carbohydrates 45.45g 15%
Fiber 4.42g 18%
Protein 6.07g 12%
February 3rd, 2012 at 8:55 am
You can substitute garbanzo flour or even an equal amount of whole wheat flour or other flour for the soy flour. Soy gives it a firmer texture and of course more protein.