* 2 cups cranberries**
* 1 orange, juiced
* 1 orange, cut into pieces
* peel from 1/4 of an orange, finely grated. (Make sure the rind Is not artificially colored)
* 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked overnight (or for at least 1 hour)
* 3-4 tbsp. agave nectar (or use raisin syrup – for raisin syrup: soak 1 cup raisins in just enough filtered water to cover. Let sit for 24 hours in the refrigerator. Use just the syrup in the recipe, to taste. Save the raisins to add to fruit salads.)
1) Put all ingredients into a food processor and process to a sauce consistency.
Yield: approx. 1 pint. Keeps for up to two weeks, if you lock the refrigerator!
**NOTE: Organic cranberries (if you can get them) have a milder, less acidic flavor.
adapted slightly from http://www.living-foods.com/
From the Fatfree Vegan Email List archives
March 17th, 2011 at 7:13 pm
Please clarify: are these raw cranberries? frozen? raw that have been cooked already?