Another slow cooker recipe from Healthy Slow Cooking
(Please join us on Facebook for more recipes.)
Slow Cooker Creamsicle Tapioca Pudding
serves 6 (It’s about 80 calories a serving!)
- 1/2 cup (76 g) small pearl tapioca
- 4 cups (960 ml) Sugar Free Vanilla So Delicious Coconut Milk (*or alternative)
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra sweetener if needed (agave, stevia, etc.) – optional
Place all the ingredients into a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. (Double the recipe if you have a larger one.)
Cook on low for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours or on high for about 2 hours. The size of your slow cooker and how hot it runs will change the exact cooking time. Taste and add extra sweetener if you feel that you need it.
The pudding will not set up all the way in the slow cooker (and will look like it may never set up). But it will set up perfectly after a few hours in the refrigerator. I like to portion mine out so I can just grab some from the fridge when I want it!
* You can substitute any nondairy milk if the sugar-free milk is not in your area. You will just need to adjust the sweetness using your favorite sweetener. You can add the sweetener at the beginning of cooking or stir it in after, so almost every sweetener works in this. I haven’t use regular sweetened vanilla in this recipe but I would think you would not need to add any (or much) sweetener with it. If you use plain nondairy milk you may also need to increase the vanilla or decrease the orange extract.
January 21st, 2013 at 8:37 pm
It is yummy stuff!