Horchata is a traditional Mexican beverage made with homemade rice milk, cinnamon and sweeteners. I’ve taken liberties with it here by adding in oats and almonds. It’s amazing served over ice.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
An easy fat-free soy-free and gluten-free recipe that almost cooks itself! Nourishing butternut squash and bean add a punch to your favorite Mexican dishes.
This is a great dish for your backyard cookouts. It’s dairy-free, gluten-free and even has a soy-free variation. The tart yogurt dressing and Indian spices make this a salad no one will forget!
This is a quick and easy slow cooker soup that’s soy and oil free. The spices add layers of flavor that turn this simple soup into something you can even serve at your next dinner party.
This recipe is one of my favorites because it has a ton of leeway. No red peppers? Use green peppers or toss in the leftover cooked veggies from last night. No quinoa? Leftover millet or even brown rice would do the job just fine. Just imagine cleaning out the fridge one a week on taco night!
Savory oats are my latest obsession. These steel cut oats retain an al dente quality to them just like arborio rice does in a risotto. Recipe by Geekypoet.
The perfect healthy sweet to show your Valentine just how much you really care! These donuts are baked, sweetened with stevia, made with whole wheat pastry flour and full of romantic floral flavors.
Lassi is an Indian yogurt drink that can be either sweet or salty. I like mine sweet with mango, mint and just a hint of lemon verbena.
This may sound like one of my weirdest recipes, but trust me, it really works.–Kathy Hester
Just in time for the warm weather – a healthy frozen treat that doesn’t cost a fortune!
Steel-cut oats cooked with pear and topped with walnuts and maple syrup.–Healthy Slow Cooking
Another slow cooker recipe from Healthy Slow Cooking.
Corn chowder made even heartier with the addition of pumpkin puree and vegan chick’n.
Make your own gourmet Gingerbread Latte at home. Pick your favorite non-dairy milk and sweetener for an inexpensive cup of fall.
Slow Cooker Creamsicle Tapioca Pudding is a perfect treat for these hot summer days.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes