Slow Cooker Maple Pear Walnut Cake Oatmeal
soy-free and gluten-free
2 to 3 servings
**This recipe uses a smaller slow cooker 1 1/2 to 2 quarts
- 1/2 cup (40g) steel-cut oats
- 2 cup (500ml) Unsweetened So Delicious Coconut Milk (you can use any non-dairy milk or even water instead)
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 1 packet Nu Stevia)
- 1/4 cup (30g) walnuts, chopped
- fresh grated nutmeg
- drizzle of maple syrup (optional)
The night before: Spray your crock with some oil to help with clean up later. Add all the ingredients except the sweetener and toppings. Cook on low over night (7 to 9 hours).
In the morning: Stir your oatmeal well and add sweetener. It may seem watery at the top but if stirred it should be a more uniform consistency. Top with walnuts and a sprinkle of fresh grated nutmeg.