Use this simple recipe in place of oil in salad dressings.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Okay, here comes the beauty of the pressure cooker. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, the recipe will remain the same, but you will need to allow the soup to simmer for at least an hour until the vegetables are soft.
This classic Italian soup is always vegetarian, and if you leave off the parmesan cheese it’s vegan.
Cooking Light did a vegetarian section on beans in this last issue, and this is adapted from their recipes and is really great.
2 tsp water
1 cup celery…
1 10.5-ounce package lite extra-firm silken tofu, frozen and thawed [I use regular water-packed tofu myself – still frozen and thawed]
2 tbsp soy sauce…
This one is a little twist on normal stuffed peppers–it is a nice change, I think. And, it is quick because you don’t bake them and wait for the peppers to cook.
1 cup okara
Easy breakfast dish.
What follows is my very own recipe. This was originally a recipe I got from a regional cookbook called Southern Sideboards, which is put out by a Junior League group in Mississippi, I think. It was a decidedly non-vegan, non-healthful recipe, which I first made low fat and have now evolved again.
1 cup TVP granules
7/8 cup Boiling water…
2 cups soy milk
2 Tbs cornstarch…
2 medium leeks
couple of cloves of garlic…
1 md Butternut squash — peeled and diced
2 c EDENSOY, Original…
5 lbs. carrots…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes