From The Almost No Fat Cookbook by Bryanna Clark Grogan
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Breads’ Category
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the first 5 ingredients together, and then add all the wet ones, mixing just until moistened. Fold in the raisins if you are using them and then fill paper lined muffin tins full. Bake 20 minutes or so. Makes a dozen.
It couldn’t be easier and they really are great.
I imagine any berries could be used but I used fresh wild blackberries and the muffins just blew me away – they are delicious!!
These are a little chewy at first and the texture improves as they cool but they are DELICIOUS when they come out of the oven, and I doubt they’ll last. They also rise really well.
I made these muffins for dinner tonight – they were kid-friendly and good. I got the recipe from the PCRM web site.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; spray lightly with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle; cook until bubbles begin to burst. Turn and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
Makes 12 muffins
This makes 8 smallish muffins, with a very nice flavour and texture.
As promised I’m reporting on my weekend in the kitchen. I was aiming for a low-fat vegan panettone, but I had forgotten to buy the essential aniseed! Here’s what I made and it’s pretty darn good. I think I’ll call it PaneCathy.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes