5 lbs. carrots…
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Soups and Stews’ Category
There is a traditional Polish salad of grated raw Kohlrabi and carrot – tastes great! Using this as inspiration I have taken things a stage further and made a soup.
Featured Blog Post: Asparagus season is here! Indulge in this delicious soup made creamy with cashews. Find the recipe on the blog.
This hearty bean and vegetable stew makes an excellent one-pot meal. –submitted by pasuleka
An easy crockpot chili with pumpkin and beans.–grafx1
Easy, Eat to Live-friendly mushroom soup.
I like to prepare this so that the vegetables are crunchy. I cut everything and mix the sauce in advance so I can move quickly. It’s quick and one of our favorite dishes.–cheried
Corn chowder made even heartier with the addition of pumpkin puree and vegan chick’n.
Submitted by: Good Friend
Source: Recipes from the Weimar Kitchen
This stew was served to some friends while on Fogo Island in Newfoundland. This is the best approximation we could come up with. From member Sule.
It’s the perfect time for fresh corn and here’s a recipe you can eat raw or cooked.
Last week I was craving a stew and had some homemade chik’n seitan, leftover Gimme Lean and lots of field peas in the freezer. This stew is what came out of that.
I think shaking up some sweet salsa in a squeeze bottle and drawing a heart outline on each soup’s bowl’s surface, with the cilanto dusting would make it a great Valentine’s dish.
Another great recipe submitted by Katherine Lawrence of www.plantbasedhealth.com
This stew was inspired by a vacation—it was time to clear out the fridge, stoke up on immune boosting beta-carotene and have leftovers in the freezer upon our return home.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes