This stew was served to some friends while on Fogo Island in Newfoundland. This is the best approximation we could come up with. From member Sule.
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Archive for the ‘Beans and Legumes’ Category
I’m always on the hunt for new dip ideas. This was an experiment I am quite pleased with. It is quick, filling and delicious, not to mention healthy!
This vegan hamburger helper style recipe has received rave reviews. It is a quick, easy and absolutely delicous family meal.
1 can green beans, drained, 16 oz.
1 can wax beans, drained, 16 oz….
3 cups sprouted lentils
3 cups chopped fresh parsley…
This is my favorite salad so far, and I made it up pretty much by myself. 🙂 (Hence the lack of precise measurements.) It looks a bit messy but tastes great.
4 cups cooked garbanzos-(allow to cool)
1 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips (Trader Joe’s)…
Last week I was craving a stew and had some homemade chik’n seitan, leftover Gimme Lean and lots of field peas in the freezer. This stew is what came out of that.
This is pretty hearty and easier to make than the long list of ingredients implies.
Easy Mexican-style beans in the crock pot.
I love thick, hearty chili in cold weather. It’s always so satisfying and filling, so it makes a great comfort food…especially when served my favorite way: over warm grits!
Lentils, wild rice, and walnuts combined in a delicious meatless loaf.
The lentils are delicious when served without the pumpkin, too. Adapted from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Plan on one “Jack Be Little” or other miniature pumpkin per person.
A delicious Fall stew you can make in your crockpot or in a regular saucepan.
Cook 1 and 1/2 cups lentils in 2 and 1/2 cups water. Mash very well and then add:
2 chopped, cooked onions…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes