Adapted from a recipe by Marie Oser
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Posts Tagged ‘holiday’
A delicious, creamy soup with no cream or added fat.
Pack mixture into 8 lightly-sprayed muffin or custard cups. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25-30 minutes.
A delicious, vegan main dish for your holiday celebration.
This is my traditional Thanksgiving turkey substitute, adapted from the New Farm Cookbook:
With or without the pecan topping, this decadent-tasting pumpkin pie is sure to be a crowd pleaser during the holidays…or anytime you get a craving for a treat! (NOTE: The pecan topping, obviously, adds fat. You can make a truly fat-free pie by using a fat-free crust and skipping the topping.)
Acorn squash stuffed with spiced cranberries and pears.
Although I’m not a big fan of yams or “sweet potatoes” I tried this recipe, and I love them this way. My family was impressed. It takes a bit of preparation, but well worth it. The house smelled wonderful while they were baking.
To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls. Sprinkle with pumpkin or sunflower seeds
For a delicious fall meal, serve this with sautéed soy sausage links and a salad of mixed baby greens and tomatoes.
A hearty side dish for everyday or holiday meals.
Millet is an excellent grain to use for stuffing vegetables, since it cooks to a slightly adhesive quality. And using small orange squashes makes for a festive and filling entrée.
This is the recipe I have used for my Thanksgiving centerpiece for over 25 years. It has always been a favorite with everyone who has celebrated the holidays with us over the years.
Delicious raw cranberry sauce with orange and walnuts.
This all-natural cranberry sauce recipe uses dates for sweetness rather than sugar.
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes