This carob pudding is so silky and smooth you would never guess it is low fat! –healthyvic
- Beans and Legumes
- Blog Recipe of the Week
- Cooking Tips
- Desserts & Sweets
- Eat To Live
- Featured Recipes
- Main Dishes
- Meat Substitutes
- Pressure Cooker
- Recipes with Photos
- Rice and Grains
- Sandwiches and Spreads
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Soups and Stews
- Whenever you start your Amazon shopping through this link, FFV earns a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Posts Tagged ‘higher-fat’
Dense and fudgy, you would never guess these are vegan, low fat, grain free and sugar free! –healthyvic
Delicious paleo-friendly crackers from kaitsinsidedish.
These versatile muffins were submitted by Kait of Kait’s Inside Dish.
This is one of the quickest meals I know, although I discovered it in one of the most leisurely places on earth. Strolling along the beach near Ocho Rios in Jamaica, I came across a man cooking creamy coconut rice, smoky-tasting greens, and velvety red beans, all in an iron kettle set over a charcoal fire in a shack. He ladled out this modest food onto a paper plate, and I ate it sitting on a log beside the sea.
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1-3/4 cups water…
Featured Blog Post: Asparagus season is here! Indulge in this delicious soup made creamy with cashews. Find the recipe on the blog.
Delicious as a dressing for salads or as a topping on baked potatoes.
1 c. grated raw carrot
1/4 c. water…
2 cups water
6 Ichiban (or Asian?) eggplant or try 1 regular store kind…
This delicious-looking dessert was submitted by Kait’s Inside Dish.
Tofu, high in protein, low in calories, is made from curdled soy milk, and is available in several textures. Tofu can be refrigerated for up to a week. Store tofu in water and change the water daily. This flavorful stew is delicious with pasta, rice, or steamed new potatoes.
This tofu-based filling is reminiscent of a traditional egg and mayo salad recipe, but studded with raw veggies that provide color as well as a little crunch.
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. garlic powder…
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup distilled water…
- My Recipe Box: Save your favorite recipes to your personalized recipe box.
- Jim Froelich on Fat-Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Anne on Aloo Saag (Indian Creamed Spinach & Potatoes)
- Alicia C Castleman on Fatfree Pancakes or Waffles
- Jeffrey Lemkin on Pesto
- Sandy Smith on Minestrone Soup
- Susan Voisin on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Leeanne on Slow Cooker Vanilla Fig Oatmeal Topped with Baklava Filling
- Valerie on Bryanna’s Homemade Vegan Chicken-Style Broth Powder
- Lisa on Spaghetti Squash Pesto Lasagna
- Susan Voisin on Substitutes